Saturday 30 January 2016

Thick, Quick Reversible Cowl

Oh yes, indeedy.

The front

This pattern features two of my favourite words when it comes to crochet projects. I may add reversible to that list, too after making this.
I've been trying out lots of things with this lovely, squishy yarn lately. This project just happened to be a happy accident.

The reverse side with ridges

It couldn't be simpler. 

I used about 3 balls of Drops Polaris in white and a 15mm hook. You could use any hook and yarn you fancy. If you have thinner yarn, then simply increase the number of chains in your foundation row (your cowl should measure around 12 inches/30cms wide) and add more rows until the desired height is reached.

Chain 37. Join with a sl st to the first ch.
Round 1: ch3, 1 treble stitch (US double crochet) in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to the top of the ch3.
Rounds 2 - 9: ch2, 1 front post treble stitch (US FP dc) in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to the top of the ch2.

Never made a front post stitch before? Don't worry. It's super-easy.
Yarn over hook, as you would for a normal UK treble (US dc)


Rather than working into the top of the stitch, insert your hook around the post of the stitch below, from the front to the back and to the front again.


Now finish off your stitch as usual (yarn over, pull a loop through, yarn over, pull yarn through all loops).





 
Enjoy making and don't forget to share your makes with me- I love to see what you do. You can find me at all the regular social media haunts. Just tap on the links to the side of the page.

Have a great weekend,

Sarah xx

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe!
      It should keep away those winter chills, shouldn't it?!
      Have a fab weekend,
      Sarah xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Danette!
      I'm looking forward to wearing it under my winter coats- it should keep that chilly wind out, I reckon.
      Have a great weekend,
      Sarah xxx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment or ask a question and l'll reply to you right here.
Have a fab day.
Sarah Xx